Thursday, 27 November 2014
How to disable or lock USB ports
Sometimes it happens that we don't want people to use USB media or storage devices in our computer or laptop only because of the virus but in some special cases we can't refuse to use some devices.In that case, we can disable the USB ports by doing some settings in windows in such a way people can't detect it
1. Go to run by pressing windows+R keys or you access it from start menu.
2. Type regedit as it is.
3. Now in registry editor console click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4. Then go to system.
5. click on CurrentControlSet.
6. Next click on services.
7. Now go to USBSTOR.
8. Double click on 'Start' where value is 3.
9. Now change the value data with 4.
10. Press ok and refresh your desktop your USB port is disabled.
Note: To enable the USB port again, just replace the value 4 with 3.
Requirement: 1 . Pen Drive(1Gb is enough) 2 . Package of files (Download link is given below) Procedure: The whole process ...
Requirement : 1. Windows installation disk 2. Pendrive or usb flashdrive(for windows xp 1gb pen drive is enough but for othe...
Do you ever face the situation in which your mouse stops working suddenly and you still want to use facebook. Don't panic because t...
Requirement: 1. Windows 7 or bootable installation media. Process: 1. Insert bootable disk of windows 7,8 or 8.1 in your CD-R...